Post Holiday Safety Tips
December 26, 2019
As you wrap up your Christmas traditions and store holiday decorations, Bates Security would like to remind you that practicing safety can keep decorations working properly and keep your family or office safe.
Wrapping Up the Holidays
- Always use gripping on plugs when unplugging electronic decorations. Never pull the cord to unplug devices from electrical outlets for it could lead to damage, electrical shock or fire.
- Throw out worn light strings and faulty sets of lights. Shop for replacements during after-Christmas sales or add to your Christmas list for next year.
- Though the box for your Christmas tree may seem like the perfect storage for repacking, it can deteriorate making them more prone to insect infestation.
- Special ornaments are best stored in their original packaging to prevent breakage. If you throw away the original box, store smaller ornaments in an egg carton.
- To save time with labeling, consider using wrapping paper on the outside of each storage container for easy holiday storage identification.
Working After Christmas
With it being the end of the year, it is perfect time to wrap up and get ready for the new year. To ensure office safety, work on the new year's safety goals and procedures. Work on your office's 2020 vision for the new year with a few of these tips...
- After the holiday, it may be hard to get back on task. Remember work safety by doing the following: Reset, Refocus and Act.
-Remind employees of office hazards, especially in industrial and engineering fields. It particularly important to remind yourself and staff of the threats to safety and health which surround the workplace each day.
- Make sure your office has emergency plans in place.
- Plan to practice emergency protocols in the new year.
- Address any health concerns and consider the specific hazards of your workplace.